Join us for a FREE outdoor event- Saturday, September 26, 2020 from 11am – 5pm.
Gates open at 10:30am! Color Guard flag presentation at 11am sharp.
Registration is necessary no walk ins will be accepted–Registration closes September 20th 2020
· Live music all day
· Inflatable climbing wall and 60 foot obstacle course for the kids
The Disabled American Veterans of Minnesota (DAV of MN) Foundation is excited to announce the first annual “Military Appreciation Family Day at the Farm”. This is a day set aside to simply say ‘thank you’ to our disabled American Veterans who continue to sacrifice past their days of active service and a family day for all military in our community, including active duty, reservists and retired.
The event will take place on a private farm that has volunteered to open up their property for a delightful day of great food, encouraging speakers, live music, horse-drawn wagon rides, prizes, an obstacle course for the kids and up-close views of their farm animals including sheep shearing!
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2020, from 11am – 5pm.
Location: Sutton Ridge Farm, 1500 West 200th Street, Jordan, MN 55352
Jennifer Jensen, Farmer, owner & operator of Sutton Ridge Farm states, “We are truly seeking to be a blessing to our veterans and have opted to make this a free event to all military and their families.”
In addition to the events previously stated, there will be; a service-dog water tent, first-aid tent, handicap accessible horse drawn trolley rides, and local business representation.
Our goals for this year’s event include:
- Support of the families of our troops and all Veterans
- Display and promote patriotism in our community
- Increase public awareness of the DAV of MN, it’s mission, and the function of the DAV
- Thank the men and women who are or have served in our military
- Be a place where veterans can connect & foster relationships with others who served our country
- Stephen “Butch” Whitehead, National Commander DAV, Executive Director DAV Foundation of MN
- Martin Klukas – Air Force Command Chief Master Sergeant (Ret)
- Richard Middleton – officer (Ret) United States Army, instructor (Ret) United States Military Academy in West Point, NY. Flag Presentation entitled, “Folds of Honor”.
- Mike Mc Elhiney, MN Department of Veterans Affairs, Chief of Staff, (Spec Ops Green Beret)
- Scott County Veterans Services representative
- Anna Long, Lieutenant Colonel, Public Affairs Officer, 133rd Airlift Wing
- Tony Albright- MN House of Rep. Dictrict 55B
Live Music on stage
Live music performances by International Jazz artist, Johnny Holliday with accompanying musicians.
Boot Camp for Kids
Kids will enjoy the opportunity to compete in a 60 foot-long obstacle course, which includes an inflatable rock-climbing wall.
Covid-19 Preparedness parameters will be in effect. Additionally, the trolly rides and porta potties are ADA friendly.
To learn more about the host site www.suttonridgefarm.com